Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP!!! Ceiling Paint

Posted by mollycats (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 17:03

My ceilings are typical mobile home ceilings, the long panels with strips and rosettes.

Could somebody tell me why they soak up paint so fast? Every time I paint them after a couple months it looks all splotchy. Seems like it absorbs the paint in places. Immediately after painting they look fine and I am sure they are well covered, but after a few weeks they look awful!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP!!! Ceiling Paint

Is your roofing metal? Does the "splotchy" occur during the colder months? Condensation can occur on the underside of metal roofing and then drip off, wetting the ceiling panels. And there is no easy cure, if that is the case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here