Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josie13_gw

Choosing new flooring- seeking advice

josie13
12 years ago

Hi everyone! We recently purchased a 1988 poloron 2 bedroom 14x70, it was a steal and its in great condition. However it has never been remodeled and the decor is awful, the floors are this horrifically ugly carpeting (bedrooms&main area)/tiles (kitchen/bathroom). Our circumstance is we (Fiance and I) are in our early/mid 20s, this is our starter home while im in college and we have only one income. We don't want to spend a ton of money, but we don't want to waste money on crap flooring.

I am seeking advice on these two flooring options- We do plan on moving the trailer for a 2nd time at some point in the future- I DO NOT want to install a flooring that will be destroyed by the trailer being moved.

I am considering flooring options right now, and have been researching laminate wood. I am ok with the look, I've seen pictures where it looks great in a trailer- BUT I am not happy with what i've read as far as durability goes. I want a flooring that can withstand some wear and tear (if we decide to get a dog for example, or forget to take our shoes off, or move furniture, or drop something...). I wondering if others can share there laminate floor experience with me- I can't really spend more then 1.50 per sq ft on laminate flooring sadly.

The 2nd option porcelain/ceramic flooring- I have no idea if this is a smart option for a trailer? I tried doing some research, but I thought I'd ask about this. Idk if this flooring will affect our option of moving the trailer to another property in the future, as this will be an issue. I can get porcelain tiles, the cheaper colors, for about 1.30 per sq ft which is a ok price for us. From what I understand, these tiles are more durable, and that is what im interested in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)