Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is going on with my floor?

Posted by clueless1959 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 11 at 9:35

In the past few days I've noticed a place in my flooring bowing up it's up about an inch in just a few days.

It is along the center wall of a double wide. The floor is carpeted... the top surface of carpet seems a bit damp but not on down into the carpet or the pad that we can feel just by feeling around. Nothing wet has been put there since we moved here last year.

The spot is between the 2 bathrooms in the house but not close to either of them. Possible water leak under home? If so wouldn't the carpet be wet all the way thru?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is going on with my floor?

It could be a small leak in the piping under the floor causing the floor decking to buckle. It could be so small that no dripping is occurring under the floor. Find the problem now. Mobile home floor decking is quickly ruined by water.

o

We have found that the water seems to be comming from master shower or something related to it. Floor has gotten much worse in just the last 2 days even a hole now.

My man has a repair person to call on Monday hopefully we can get the issue resolved fairly easily without having to spend an arm an a leg....whatever the costs we want it done right.

o

You will probably have to remove the carpet, from the info you provide, the flooring is shot....been there, done that and remember it oh so well!! If there is a leak, you will be able to repair/replace at that time. We picked up a "free" doublewide in FL - it needed new flooring. It is a bear getting the old stuff up, mostly because of the long legged staples they put the original in with. I used three-quarter plywood in replacement. We did a room at a time until we finished. I had to re-insulate and apply a new barrier underneath. It is definitely labor intensive, probably not bad if your a younger person, but at 68 it was terrible. Good luck and keep us posted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here