Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Uneven floor

Posted by kjakab (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 07 at 23:12

So glad I found your site, it's been great at answering some painting questions.

I have recently noticed that the floor in my living room where the seam runs through the middle is uneven. My carpet is getting worn in that area. It is only in the living room, so I don't think it's that both side of my DW were put together uneven since we've lived in it now for 7 years. What should I do to fix this? I want to pull up the carpet and put down wood laminate, but can't do that with uneven floors.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Uneven floor

HMM...I have a 16 by 80 single 12 years. I'm wondering how uneven your floor is. I suspect that the home has settled a bit and caused your problem. If it hasnt gotten worse it may have finished settling.
Anyway if it isn't very uneven, say 1/4" then you could put down sheets of LUAN first making sure the sheets are centered over the seam. This would make a continuous smooth surface for the Laminate. The slight rise would be negligable. If you purchased it new you may be due a second leveling from the home seller/ installer. when I bought mine new I had 2 re-levelings due. We used those by the 4th year and it has sdtopped settling after that.
If the difference is real bad you could install plywood of 3/4 thick then the laminate. Either way I'd put something down first. I've been remodeling mine the past 3 months because we plan to sell it. The worst part is that nothing from Lowes, HD, etc fits a M.H. Like water pipes so we have to go back to the MH dealer.

o
RE: Uneven floor

Unfourtunalty the company we bought ours from closed within 2 1/2 years of us buying ours. I've never heard of getting relevelings done. They never said anything about that to us. I hope it doesn't cause any real structural damage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here