Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huskyridor

determining value of Mfg home.

huskyridor
14 years ago

I haven't really had any luck on finding info about determining the market value of a used doublewide Mfg'd home.

Does anyone know of a website, kind of like the blue book for cars, for Mfg'd homes?

I made a low offer for a short sale on an approx 30x50 doublewide Mfg home to the lender. The owner passed away and it's been sitting vacant. The payoff is high 40's, the home is 10 years old, has some mold out on the hardiplank siding, the interior is fair but reeks of cat urine and needs new carpet and paint. The lender countered at 30 but I don't feel the value is even worth that much.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

See ya,

Kelly

Comments (2)

• christopherh
    14 years ago

Location, location, location.

I'm afraid there's no one stop place to find the value of the home. The value is what the buyer says it is at closing. And that value is determined by the amount of the check.

Is the home on it's own property? Or in a park? Is the park a modern one or a run down one? If it's on it's own property, is the property large, or small by the standards of the area? In some places 20 acres is a "postage stamp" lot where in other places 75x125 is huge.

So if you feel the house is not worth what the bank countered with, you walk.

Their job is to get as much for the home as possible. They have a fiduciary responsibility to the borrower not to just give the home away as they must then sue the borrower for the balance.

• huskyridor
    Original Author
    14 years ago

quote" Their job is to get as much for the home as possible. "quote

Absolutely

Chris,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I pretty much gathered that after researching, I did find a website that would give values for a price but I was unwilling to join and pay.
    Since I posted this thread I increased my offer, it's still below their counter but I'm hoping they'll give it due consideration.
    The neighbor told me that there was somebody out last week taking pic's and examining the trailer, an agent of the lender is what I figured.
    No land comes with the unit, only the rental debt for the property it resides on.
    I got quotes for moving the unit, recarpeting and repainting it.
    My new offer plus these items place it at the top of what I'm able to come up with in coin without seeking outside financing, which I'm not going to do.
    I really hope it comes together. I plan on moving it down to my country property where we hunt deer and ride our dirt bikes and and ATV's.
    We've always lugged our travel trailer there, but if I pick it up I could place a medium sized diesel generator for whole house interim power.
    My biggest fear would be that I'd end up with it and the after everything costs would be more than the actual cash value of the unit.

See ya,
    Kelly