Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zandra_gw

Tell me your alternative home dreams...

zandra
17 years ago

I know you're here, thinking about what I'm thinking about too. My story very briefly encapsulated: I own a small house on which I still owe about 1/6 of the current value. the value of my home has boomed in the thirteen years I've been here and I've despised the neighborhood, the upkeep; which is of course getting worse, and the memories associated with the place. I've always been interested in alternative housing, the stranger, cheaper and eco-friendly the better (my favorite home of all time is Forestiere's Underground Gardens near Fresno Ca) -but anyway, I've been looking at sheet metal buildings (I really dig the domed top kind) and of course mobile homes. Needless to say I intend to downsize the value of my future home itself but would like a nice quiet lot on high ground away from the ocean, and I have to research zones and codes and whatnot, but I'm planning to sell and move in about 3 years. Anybody have experience or dreams about sheet metal, yurts, cinderblock cabins, converted garages/workshops, really small 1 bdrm cottages, trailers, etc? what's it like to live in one? -it's okay if your opinions about it are negative, I gotta start my research somewhere so I'll be ready. Thanks, -Z

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz