Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
liberty_modular_home

My experience with Liberty Homes, Inc

Take a look at what Liberty Homes, Inc delivered to me. www.VeryBadHome.com It is my opinion that the manufactured home industry has regulations, but that rarely do you see them enforced. It would seem that in IL, if you get a modular home with no issues, then you are fortunate. If you get a modular home in IL with issues, then good luck. The IL Dept of Public Health (IDPH) regulates modular housing in IL, yet they refused to enforce any of their regulations in my case.

Get yourself a case of beer and relax with some fine reading and photos... check out my website. You won't believe your eyes. Also, on my website, a few inches from the top, you will see a link to ABC 7 ChicagoÂs story they aired about my home  4.5 minutes of air time. IÂve got signed letters from 11 IL Senators and 36 State Representatives that were sent to IDPH, and yet they still refuse to do anything. It goes on and on.

www.VeryBadHome.com

Comments (2)

• irishdancersgram
    15 years ago

I just read and looked at all your pictures etc. That is unbelievable, to say the least...It's a sad state of affairs that things like this happen...Hopefully, you'll get some satisfaction in the near future....Good luck..

• caavonldy
    15 years ago

I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience with your Liberty home. Our experience was much different. We looked around at many different manufactured home lots and visited 2 different factories before choosing Liberty to build our new dream home. Both our local sales office and the people at the factory in Oregon were so helpful. They allowed us to make all types of changes to the basic plan. We had walls moved, windows added or enlarged and many extra options were used to make our home just the way we wanted.

We chose a 1855 sq ft 4bd plan with a solar tube in one bath and a skylight over the kitchen peninsula. We wanted an attached garage, so we were offered a "garage ready" option, where the siding was left off the area that was to be part of the garage and extra circuits were added to provide electricity to the garage. The standard 100 amp circuits were changed to 200 amps.

It was raining when we watched our double-wide drive up to our lot late one afternoon. It had left the Oregon factory that morning and was driven straight down I5 to our CA home. We had no problem with wet insulation or broken pipes. Everything under the house was sealed up with a heavy plastic? cover that still looks new today, 4 years later. The house was not set for about a week and a half as the local contractor didn't want to remove any of the plastic coverings until the rain had stopped. The house is beautiful, well built and we have been impressed with the good service we had with the few minor repairs that we had made.

I think the home we bought was a much more expensive home, aprox $83,000. We had everything upgraded. We had 6" exterior walls, extra insulation, a protective wrap was put on before the house was covered with 3/4" OSB under the Hardee board siding. The walls had only a few minor cracks. We had a couple tiles on the counter come louse during transit. They were replaced and we were given a box of extra tiles just in case any more came loose. They left us with a 5 gal bucket of interior paint and 2 5 gal buckets of exterior paint plus a can of exterior trim for any future needs.

We love our house. Friends tell up that it is hard to believe that our lovely home was factory built, it looks so nice. I would recommend Liberty homes to anyone.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor