Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dressing up blank exterior wall

Posted by Sheri_C (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 22, 12 at 8:44

One side of my double wide MH is visible from the driveway. This side is basically a blank wall. We have installed a window to make this side of the MH more attractive (and also to enable us to see outside on that side of the MH), but it is still pretty boring. We've landscaped by adding a flower bed with a small curvy path down the middle and have planted some arborvitae to (some day) help cover the blank wall, but until the plants grow more, I'm stuck. The only thing I can think of is adding a nice large ornamental trellis as a focal point to "dress it up" a bit. Any ideas/pictures would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dressing up blank exterior wall

A home in our park has a flat sheet metal image of a lighthouse in solid matte black decorating their road-facing blank wall. It is quite large, and looks really nice.

o

Put up a trellis or tack up a piece of chicken wire and plant Clematis. It will quickly cover the entire wall and look beautiful.

o

I like the idea of having climbing plants covering up the blank wall. That side of the trailer gets brutally hot sun in the summer, but I think I could find something that could take the heat--if not a clematis maybe an annual bougainvilla? (It would be an annual in my area anyway). Thanks for the suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here