Kitchen before

brnincalif
11 years ago

Here is my kitchen a few years ago, before any work was done

Comments (15)

• brnincalif
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the Kitchen after taking down overhead cabinets,redoing the countertops and putting gel stain on the cabinets and adding new hardware. also removed the carpet and installed laminate

• brnincalif
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the new bigger kitchen window after we took down that overhead cabinet to install a taller window. Still plenty of cabinets left with the island and a tall pantry cabinet next to refridgerator

• brnincalif
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is the same view before

• mollycats
    11 years ago

Love your make over! You did a great job.
    The bigger window and white trim makes such a huge difference. Do you mind sharing what you did to your counter tops?

• brnincalif
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank You! The countertops are actually a kit to transform countertops. It's acrylic paint. You can find them online or at the home stores. It has been on now for about 2 years and is holding up fine. I did put 2 coats of polyurethane over it when I was done though.

• abbisgram
    11 years ago

That looks great. The new window really opens it up. The new floor looks great, too.

• jessicacope
    11 years ago

Is the back splash tiled?
    You did an amazing job. Removing the upper cabinet and replacing the window really lightened everything up. The colors you picked for the countertops and the back splash look REALLY good together! And the white trim really works so well with the colors!

• brnincalif
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes the backsplash is tile. They're 1x1" tiles but they come in sheets about 12"x 12" pretty easy to install

• mmmize25
    11 years ago

I love the new look. We're also in the process of redoing our kitchen. We were planning on painting the cabinets, but the gel stain on yours looks so good, you may have changed my mind. What brand and color did you use?

• brnincalif
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks mmmize25. I got mine at Lowes cant remember the name of it and used all of it. It's a cherry color but I think what you use and how it turns out depends on what color your cabinets are also. mine were an ugly yellowish hue and are not wood, they are particle board so sanding and staining was not an option. It was very easy compared to painting them. Just washed them then rubbed the gel stain over them. I would recommend putting a clear sealer over it though, mine did wear off from use where you touch them over and over.So I touched them up and put a sealer on and that has held up well.

• mollycats
    11 years ago

Your kitchen looks good! I especially like your counter tops.

• kathyg_in_mi
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• swidboom
    11 years ago

How do you like your wood floors? My husband said everyone tells him they are cold. Job well done.

• brnincalif
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love them! So much easier to take care of than carpet.
    Next we are replacing the old linolem with laminate that looks like ceramic tile

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH