Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairydawn

buying a pre-owned manufactured home

prairydawn
17 years ago

Hi everyone, a newbie here. We are considering purchasing a pre-owned manufactured home built in the early 90's in NY, near Ithaca. I was wondering what we need to know when we go to look at it. What should we be looking for? Do home inspectors typically have knowledge on manufactured homes? We would also like to have an addition put on, a stick built addition complete with basement. The house is currently on poles that go below the frost line. Is an addition of this nature possible? This is actually a make or break point on the purchase. I had asked the real estate agent and she assured me that 'of course you can add on'. However we would rather ask the experts, you folks, to see what your opinions are. I have one last question, and forgive my ignorance. The whole house is wall papered. We would like to strip it off and paint the walls instead. Not knowing what the walls are typically made of, we didn't know if this was a bigger job than the usual spray and scrape. Thank you in advance!

Dawn

Comment (1)

Sponsored