Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MH Front Door Repair

Posted by dahouse1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 07 at 23:16

I have a 1997 SW with a door that opens inward. I was trying to take off the storm door, by unscrewing all of the screws around the aluminum frame of the screen(storm) door. I then pulled on the door to pull off the frame but it was glued to the siding. Doing so messed up the door frame for the regular door. It is now crooked and is hard to open. It also moves when i push on the frame. Has any one ever run upon a similar problem? How do I fix it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MH Front Door Repair

Sounds as if your previous experience with these is limited. The efforts expended on the door thus far have made it worse. First check the height of the door. Standard house doors are 6' 8"- 80inches. Some mobile home doors are shorter. If yours is standard, a new one can be bought from Lowes or Home Depot. If shorter, the mobile home supplier is the only choice. The new door assembly must be properly installed to be satisfactory and raintight. Perhaps an experienced person could repair yours.

o
RE: MH Front Door Repair

I agree with bus driver that any new standard door you buy most likely will NOT fit. MH doors are shorter. LOWES, HD will not have a door you need. Go to a local MH supplier and get the proper fit door or the closest to it. Remove the old door and the frame. Since the frame is moving you probably will need the replace the studs on either side and above. Measure 3 times and cut once. Get the first stud in and set the door with frame along that and mark the other side. Make sure the first stud is plumb. You'll need caulking everywhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here