Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabinets are painted!

Posted by abbisgram (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 11 at 22:34

I used Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations in quilters white, spray painted the hinges in oil-rubbed bronze and ordered new pulls from ebay. The wall color is Barely Jade by Glidden, a blue-green color, but it is looking more blue, especially in pics. Maybe this winter I'll repaint the wall and get rid of those strips but for now here it is:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabinets are painted!

Wow and Wow!!! They look beautiful!!!

o

Thanks. It really lightened up the kitchen.

o

Go You! :) What a difference...nice before, but I really love the after. I need to go finish painting my cabinets so I can have an "after"!

o

Thanks, Jessicaml, I'm happy with them. Did you ever decide what to do about your countertops?

o

LOL oh abbisgram, I wish! We were able to get them 90% removed (except around sink for now) to make replacement easy, but still no decision on what we'll replace them with. I'm exploring all sorts of options lately, and DH isn't even ready to seriously discuss options until I'm done with the cabinets so there's one less project going on.

o

I love the cabinets!! You did a wonderful job on them. Your kitchen looks great.
I am really liking your wood floor in the dining room too.

o

They are Beautiful!!! Love the lighter look.

o

oh my WOW, that is gorgeous!!!
it has more of a country cottage look, and i think it looks awesome w/the white cabinets and "blue-ish" jade walls ;-)

did you use the small cans of rustoleum? or the big kit? i ask because i bought the smaller can, and of course it's oil based, but it didn't work too well on unfinished wood and left horrible streaks even tho i bought the utensils it instructed me to buy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here