Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with getting wheelchair out of mobile home

Posted by heidiho (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 21:34

I built a wheelchair ramp at front door of mobile home that I need to use for mother but I can't figure out how to go over the lip of the door frame for easy outdoor access. It's about 3" high.
The door has to close and if I build an incline it would have to be set back far enough for the weight of the chair and would have to be screwed down in order to go over the door frame right? Or can I somehow make something portable that I could fold up when not in use.Not sure how to do this.
I've done several home projects but this one has me stumped.
Thanks for any help anyone has to offer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with getting wheelchair out of mobile home

You can buy threshold ramps. Do a search online, or here is an example.

http://www.discountramps.com/thresh_ramps.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Threshold Ramp

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here