Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Kitchen Choices

Posted by loug56 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 15:24

We are buying a new Home from Jacobson and are not completely satisfied with the Kitchen Cabinet choices and are considering buying a base Kitchen and re-doing the Kitchen with our preferred cabinets / quaility. Any suggestions / comments. All constructive comments welcome. Thanks !!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Kitchen Choices

I wanted white cabinets, which were not an option. I got the upgraded cabinets. I am not incredibly impressed with them. They are far sturdier than I have seen in other manufactured homes, but still flimsier than anything at Home Depot or Ikea. They don't have the self-soft closing feature, either. And my kitchen is still the envy of all my friends.

o

my husband and I bought an older doublewide in need of major upgrading. We have replaced all the windows, put on a new roof but the first major thing we did was redo the kitchen. We took it down to the bare walls, ripped out everything and then took the dimensions to our local Lowes Home Improvement store where with a designer we plotted out my ideal kitchen, it's not a large space but we maximized the cabinet storage and counter space with nice oak cabinets without handles. I have 2 lazy susans in the dead corners and at the time since this was not cheap, we put in laminate countertops which are still working well after 10 years now. We just recently put in stainless steel appliances and a black composite granite sink and when we originally did the kitchen we put in a light wood laminate flooring. We have gotten many compliments on our kitchen and our home now looks more like a stick built home than a doublewide so you can do so many things with one and save tons of money over a stick built, just put it on a brick foundation and go for it.

o

I replaced my cabinets (which were in terrible shape) with IKEA (which I absolutely love) - I have a bank of lower drawers, rather than cabinets with doors - no more getting on my hands and knees and leaning upside down to find stuff in the back

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here