Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
75 Gallon fish Tank

Posted by jeanne846 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 19, 09 at 14:05

I have read some posts about large fish tanks in a mobile home. They are encouraging but I'd like to hear from someone with experience or knowledge of an older home. I have a 1968 Capitol and want to put a wood stand and 75 gallon fish tank with about 50 gallons of water in my living room. Will my floor tolerate the weight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 75 Gallon fish Tank

1968? I'm guessing NO. A lot of stiffer regulations have been put in place since then. You probably have particle board sub floors and I hesitate to think what size floor joists and wall studs you have. Of course, being that old, there could have been major modifications over the years and only you know what you're dealing with here. I would take a good look at what you're dealing with structurally before adding that much weight to your floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here