Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
skylights in manufactured homes

Posted by mellinger2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 13:57

Has anyone added a skylight after purchasing their home? We have a 2003 Clayton and I would like to put a skylight in the kid's bathroom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: skylights in manufactured homes

No, but it wouldn't matter if it's a manuf home or a site-built. Just follow directions. You have more options, however. You can choose something that may not radiate too much heat. But just make sure you use flashing and put shingles over it. But you probably know that.

I heard they can be tricky to install.

o
This may help

it's a great site for how-to's. There's even a skylight thread.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/forums/index.php?forum_id=8

o

thanks for the info

o

Yes.. we had a skylight installed in the livingroom 10 years ago. It's a fixed (non-opening) style - probably 2x4 ft vella brand. Had it installed professionally. He did a great job. Tip.. (we had this done too).. when they install it, instead of just cutting the well (hole) straight, have it angled so outward at each end so light spreads out more as it enters the room. I know someone else who had them build shafts extending upward on the roof, then putting the skylight on top of the shaft. it gave the appearance (from within) that the roof was way higher. (probably looked goofy from outside tho).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here