Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soon to be new Deer Valley owner

Posted by southern_girl_la (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 7, 08 at 11:21

We've bought a new Deer Valley and are awaiting it's arrival, hopefully next week! I'm very excited. I researched the different manufacturers, and decided to go with them. I love the floor plan we picked out, and I love that I got to pick out so much of the interior, too. Has anyone here got a Deer Valley? I have a friend who bought one 3 years ago, and she loves hers. We looked at several, like 10 different display homes that the dealer had to show, and I was really impressed with the construction. We wanted to build a house, but it just wasn't going to be possible. For a 2000 sq ft with attached garage was going to cost about 200K. The DV we are getting is 2000 sq ft (alas, no garage, we'll have to build that later), and a little less than half that. Our dealer got us a great mortgage rate, fixed, that we are very pleased with. I just know I'll be able to sleep at night without worrying about some outrageous note due every month.
Anyway, glad to have found this forum!
Any feedback from DV owners would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soon to be new Deer Valley owner

Hello,

We too researched Deer Valley Mfg. Homes, and also Patriot Homes... which are nearly identical in floor plans, and virtually identical in construction. I think we will probably go with the Patriot Home as it is about 20% less costly, but same quality and floor plans... We have to wait for your current home to sell before we do anythiing, and at the moment we are preparing the home to list. But not in a rush neither... thinking maybe 4 or 5 years down the road... Deer Valley is a terrific unit and I think you will love living in it..

BTW Congratulations on your new digs...

PVP

o

My husband and I also are looking at a custom Modular Deer Valley home. We are very impressed with their constuction as well. We too were looking to build, but didn't want to be married to a house note. Our pricing for the modular will be $55.00 a square foot. You can't beat that!

o

My husaband and I have looked at tons of mods and Deer Valley is currently our favorite also. I love their rounded corners and high class look. Our floor plan needs tweeked a bit to incorporate a family room but other than that, there's nothing I would change. We are currently clearing the land to place it and should have it placed by next spring. Also, we went with the off frame mod for resale potential and the ability to have 9 foot ceilings. I am soooo excited, I can't wait. My husband is looking forward to the huge side by side refrig/freezer that takes up half the wall. :)

o

Mindy,
Just a comment for thought~Rounded corners on walls make it difficult to have various paint colors in the house.
The kitchen rounds to the dining room which rounds to the living room which rounds to the hallway. Stopping paint on a rounded corner to do another color has proven to be a challenge for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here