Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southern_girl_la

Soon to be new Deer Valley owner

southern_girl_la
15 years ago

We've bought a new Deer Valley and are awaiting it's arrival, hopefully next week! I'm very excited. I researched the different manufacturers, and decided to go with them. I love the floor plan we picked out, and I love that I got to pick out so much of the interior, too. Has anyone here got a Deer Valley? I have a friend who bought one 3 years ago, and she loves hers. We looked at several, like 10 different display homes that the dealer had to show, and I was really impressed with the construction. We wanted to build a house, but it just wasn't going to be possible. For a 2000 sq ft with attached garage was going to cost about 200K. The DV we are getting is 2000 sq ft (alas, no garage, we'll have to build that later), and a little less than half that. Our dealer got us a great mortgage rate, fixed, that we are very pleased with. I just know I'll be able to sleep at night without worrying about some outrageous note due every month.

Anyway, glad to have found this forum!

Any feedback from DV owners would be appreciated.

Comments (17)

• pineviewplanter
    15 years ago

Hello,

We too researched Deer Valley Mfg. Homes, and also Patriot Homes... which are nearly identical in floor plans, and virtually identical in construction. I think we will probably go with the Patriot Home as it is about 20% less costly, but same quality and floor plans... We have to wait for your current home to sell before we do anythiing, and at the moment we are preparing the home to list. But not in a rush neither... thinking maybe 4 or 5 years down the road... Deer Valley is a terrific unit and I think you will love living in it..

BTW Congratulations on your new digs...

PVP

• cricketlady
    15 years ago

My husband and I also are looking at a custom Modular Deer Valley home. We are very impressed with their constuction as well. We too were looking to build, but didn't want to be married to a house note. Our pricing for the modular will be $55.00 a square foot. You can't beat that!

• caimin74_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

My husaband and I have looked at tons of mods and Deer Valley is currently our favorite also. I love their rounded corners and high class look. Our floor plan needs tweeked a bit to incorporate a family room but other than that, there's nothing I would change. We are currently clearing the land to place it and should have it placed by next spring. Also, we went with the off frame mod for resale potential and the ability to have 9 foot ceilings. I am soooo excited, I can't wait. My husband is looking forward to the huge side by side refrig/freezer that takes up half the wall. :)

• 4boys2
    12 years ago

Mindy,
    Just a comment for thought~Rounded corners on walls make it difficult to have various paint colors in the house.
    The kitchen rounds to the dining room which rounds to the living room which rounds to the hallway. Stopping paint on a rounded corner to do another color has proven to be a challenge for me.

• PVHIII
    9 years ago

Been in our Deer Valley for a month now and we are absolutely in love with our new home...did months of research and I feel like we bought the best home on the market today and bought from the best dealer in the state of Arkansas...Mitchell's First Quality Homes of Searcy..I.just want to say that the dealer you choose to buy your home from is even more important than the manufacturer

• hollisjohn33
    8 years ago

I am looking at the Briarritz 4 bedroom from deer valley and was just curious since some of the post are older posts, how has your experiences with your new homes been?

• sharibeardsworth
    8 years ago

We have bought property and are looking at Deer Valley Legacy with adding on the foyer/front porch section. The home is beautiful. We will probably wait 6 months or more to buy though. I want to keep in contact on this site though.

• robertabrown65
    7 years ago

our deer valley woodland is only 2yrs old replaced ac warranty sucks cheap model as well. we was in flood and need to replace base cabinets in kitchen and bath ones and of course cant get. changed color and dont make anymore, under cabinets when removed big holes for the plumbing not necessary, very cold in masterbathroom, so when the whole underbelly was removed to put new insulation and all duct reason it was crushed and bent, so my home id going to be better with better stuff

• ccsbr04
    7 years ago

We are also looking at buying the Deer Valley Briarritz just wondering how they hold up and if anyone has done the frame off modular.

• Christopher_H
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

"... the frame off modular..."

I have a modular home. The main thing to know about modulars is they must be built to minimum FHA specs whereas a manufactured must be built to minimum HUD specs.

That is not to say you can't have a manufactured home opted out so it's the same as a site built home though. As an example, the dealer who we worked with has manufactured doublewides and has had a cape style with an unfinished upstairs with plumbing roughed out for an upstairs bathroom, and they also had a doublewide cape style with log siding. Once those houses were set on private land, nobody could tell they were manufactured homes on a steel frame.

A modular is exactly like a site built home. And as such the final cost is exactly the same as a similar site built home.

• Debbie B.
    7 years ago

Shari, congratulations on your new home! How very exciting! Did you decide to get the front porch?

• hopkinsrd57
    6 years ago

We are strongly considering the DV Aimon home also. We decided to use the porch as the front of the house. What have been the experiences for people that own this model.

• sheilapope824
    6 years ago

My husband and I are looking at buying a Deer Valley home. We are planning on buying the Briarritz. We are wondering what kind of electric bill this home has and how energy efficient this home is.

• Misti Montalvo
    6 years ago

What is your price per square foot Sheila?

• HU-705883713
    3 years ago

Don't buy a DV home,I bought my single wide 3 years ago and have had floor problems soon after I moved in.Weak spots all over,DV maintenance crew came out 3-4 times to fix,last time was better but still have weak spots showing up.This should never happen if properly constructed.There answer is that it's up to code,not good enough for me.I noticed there's other complaints on the BBB page about floor problems so beware

• Tamara H
    last year

I wish you the best of luck. Ours finally arrived in October 2021 and we have had nothing but problems and Deer Valley won't respond to any communications. Like many others, our floor is falling out from under the home. The HVAC ducts aren't connected to each other or the system and they still can't get that fixed. My list of problems is soooo long and they do nothing to fix any of it.

Sponsored
Schell Brothers
Average rating: 3.9 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Virginia's Premier Award Winning Builder “Start Fresh – Build New”