Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alwaysplantinthings

Question on what would be the cheapest

Stumbled upon this site a few days ago.Have read many posts and itching to do something but clueless to the cheapest/fastest way but I want a well done job, not cheap looking..
I bought my 92 Sw mobile home last August. My son's room is flowery wallpaper and being a teenager thought it would be nice to update his room/bathroom first. If choice was up to him he'd have me paint it Black...but I won't go for that, but I will settle for a lighter shade of gray.
I hate the batten strips, so I want to remove them, fill in with joint compound (I've used joint compound alot, had texturized 2 homes walls kinda' rustic finish...which I LOVE) so with that being said, I'm very familiar with the stuff and this being an older home has seen many imperfections on the walls (vinyl covered wallboard) so I thought this would cover the uglies well without too much extra effort, preparation and money.
But have also seen the brown bag covering effect (which I think is interesting but not sure it will hold up to a teenager's abuse/normal everyday wear and tear). I'm wondering which would be the cheapest way of doing things as I'm a single mom on a limited budget.
Any suggestions? If I do the joint compond would I need to do something special to the walls as to have the stuff adhere? I had planned on using the webbed sticky tape stuff for the seams under batten strips.
Thanks in advance. So glad I found this site as I'm dying to do some improvements on this place.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022