Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockwood84

what are the ceilings made of in 1999 home of legends

rockwood84
16 years ago

is it wallboard with the plaster shot on i havea crack and want to reattach back to fafter but don't want to bust it more

Comments (3)

• zzsladies
    16 years ago

be very careful, we have a 97 HOL, what are you going to attach it too ? we cant even put in ceiling fans because there isnt 2x4's near the lights !!!!

what changes have you made '? we have changed everything, and we are in the process of remodeling the kitchen,,,,,,
    what other problems have you found '
    ? i will check back here, to see if there is a reply,
    i know how you can check ? you can take a light fixture down and then see what it the ceiling is.
    let us know, im interested in other HOL owners!
    thanks
    stace

• rockwood84
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mine is cracked near the rafter our's has a octagon cabinet and counter in the middle of the kitchen. when they moved it in there was no support under the hanging octagon cabinet and i guess the weight of the cabinet cracked the ceilng the guys that delivered it tried to rebolt the octagon back up tighter and covered the crack up it work for 3 years now the crack is noticable again our's is a 28'x 76' doublewide we've had problems with the crossover , sliding patio door sequencer switch in central unit and have replaced all the cheap registers i installed our ceiling fan on 2x6s in he middle of livingroom single wides are a different critter as hanging fans and other stuff from the ceilings

• zzsladies
    16 years ago

ours is a 28x80 legacy model. we had a bar dividing the kitchen and dinning room... we took the bar out and totally redid the kitchen.. i will try and post pics of the things we have done. we have ceiling fans in the dinning room, kitchen, living room, den, and our master bedroom. ours is a 5 bedroom, and out of the other 4 bedrooms, only 1 was able to have a ceiling fan. the others didnt have enough support rafters for them, they spliced a piece of 2x4 for the light box, and it is unstable, and able to be moved. we have painted every room, and wallpapered some. we are replacing faucets with standard fixtures as they go bad or we remodel. we have just replaced the hot water heater last month. i will post pics in the kitchen forum this week. you can email me if you have any questions. have you had any roof issues ? a couple of hurricanes damaged ours. and we are needing a new roof.
    do you have pics of your ceiling ? if so post here or email me, i bet you have the same rafter problem as i do, and they have shirfted,,,, i will let me hubby read this and we will brain storm,,
    keep us posted,, its nice to hear from other HOL ppl.
    thanks,
    stace

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax