Modular Home Builders Ocean County NJ

Lisinda
10 years ago

We recently bought ground in Tuckerton NJ area and we
would like to put up a modular home. Does anyone know
of any that are good? I have been looking online and
there are a few down there. Unfortunately there are always
horror stories. We are looking for a medium priced home
and we will need a well. Any info would be appreciated.
Also the name of any builders, well diggers, electricians
whatever we will need for completion of progect in that area?
Thanks

Comments (2)

• christopherh
    10 years ago

First make sure you understand the difference between modular and manufactured. Manufactured housing is great, but many communities in New Jersey do not allow them.

Second, why are you going modular as opposed to a stick built home? Cost? If so, you're in for a shock. A modular home can cost just as much as a site built home. The main advantage is TIME.

Site clearing, excavation, basement, well/septic, driveway, permits, are the exact same.

I've been in my modular since 2002 and you cannot tell the difference between it and a site built home. And since the building season is so short here in Vermont, everybody builds modular.

Are you going to act as the general contractor? Unless you have experience and KNOW what you're doing, hire one to handle everything.

One company a number of people use is Westchester Modular Homes. As a matter of fact, there is a complete subdivision in Bennington that consists of only modulars by this company.

I don't live in Bennington and my home is a different manufacturer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Westchester Modulars

• _MJ_
    10 years ago

Let me first agree with what Christopher has said above. The main advantage of modular homes is a savings in time. While your home is being built in the production facility, much of the site work can be completed at the same time.

However, now, especially in NJ and in the wake of Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy, a real advantage of modular homes are their strength.

Ritz-Craft Corporation, a modular home manufacturer based out of Central Pennsylvania, has several authorized, independent home builders in New Jersey.

They have two builders near Tuckerton, NJ - Fox & Fox and Jersey Coast Modular Homes.

For more information, check out their website. They have lots of floor plans, photo galleries and blog articles that you can use in your researching process. They also have a "Contact Us" form that will get your information to the home builder that is closest to your building site.

Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ritz-Craft

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations