Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good flooring options after pulling carpet in MH

Posted by Fabfarm (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 11 at 13:51

Hi,

We are looking into pulling old carpet in a manufactured home - 1993 Palm Harmor and replacing with something else. What are some good options that people have had success and are affordable? We were thinking about bamboo which is about $2 per square foot in Texas. By the way, we will be doing the work ourselves.

Thanks in advance,
Magda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good flooring options after pulling carpet in MH

I (with the help of my brother) put in a floating laminate floor. I have it in my bedroom and living/dining room. It looks so much better than the old carpet.

o

We also ripped up beige carpeting and installed floating laminate flooring in kitchen, DR, LR and hallway and love it. Lowes had it in and furniture back in place inside of 3 days :-) You can see my kitchen floor in the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen floor

o

It's so cool to see traffic on this forum again!

I need to finish painting cabinets and getting new countertops installed, but then we're hoping to put wood laminate throughout our home. Do those of you who got laminate remember the brand or approximate price per square foot?

wantoretire, your kitchen floor looks great!

o

Ours is some sort of Pergo brand from Lowes. 6 inches wide. I just can't plow through the paperwork. Best suggestion is to go to your dealer with square footage and get a quote. Take your time to pick out what you want. Much less if you DIY.

o

Mine is Swiftlock from Lowes. I think it was $1.59 sq.ft. I chose Fireside Oak.Here is a pic of mine: Photobucket

o

Abbisgram, how pretty; thanks for sharing! I love your plants, too. :)

o

The flooring looks great!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here