Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

Woven black plastic sheet

Posted by hawkeye38 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 13, 09 at 12:37

What do you call the woven plastic sheeting that spans the entire bottom of the mobile home? Is it the bottom board?
I have some rips in mine and a 3 ft square is missing exposing the insulation and stuff (bugs and critters get in?). How can I repair this stuff. Duct tape sticks good then comes off in a week. What sticks permanently?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: Woven black plastic sheet

It's been a few years, but we used to buy repair kits from mobile home parts places. The material was self adhesive and worked well. They also sold a black tape that stuck well to small cracks. Similar to duct tape.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here