Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mobile home ac condensation around vents

Posted by uuggggg (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 14 at 8:58

hi i just took posession of a mobile home.i noticed some condensation around the ac vents. does anyone know why.its a one bedroom with a 4 ton unit.(over kill). thnks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mobile home ac condensation around vents

That is a lot of ac, but you are on a topic I have had many issues relating to my 2011 Oak Creek, 1300 sq ft, 3.5 ton w/ceiling vents in Texas.
Two things every mfg home should have; Zircon 63931 Leak Alert Electronic Water Detector and AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor, $10 at Amazon will help you know excessive humidity levels.
My fixes; First, double the size of return air intake. I added another 20x20 filter grate to back side of return air plenum, $50. Now I can use (2) quality air filters. Second; see picture that is a showing where fresh air supply is allowing ‘unfiltered and unconditioned’ air to contaminate the ac’s fan, housing, and ducts. I originally adapted a shop vac filter and recently closed off this air supply due to the amount of mold, dirt, bugs, leaves, etc being sucked in. Third, stop air from bi-passing systems filters. Ac housing ‘seams’ need to be sealed/taped, you will see a dust trail where air is entering.
Also make sure condensation drain and trap are installed and working, verify air ducts are not leaking, and no vents are being restricted.
Hope this helps; nothing like buying a new retirement home only to become a full time home handy man.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here