Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvmydw

luvmydw
13 years ago

Hi all,

I just moved into my new Fleetwood 2010 DW in a Mobile Home Park with about 15 mobile homes. I moved from a house on a lake with about and acre and half of land. I am a single women living in Ohio and couldn't keep up with the house anymore.

I love my DW so far and very happy with the park and Management and the payments for park rent and trailer payment is half of my house payment.

I am sure I will have plenty of questions just wanted to say hi.

Comments (4)

• brnincalif
    13 years ago

luvmydw I took possesion of my DW in April. Being recently divorced I didn't know if I would ever be able to afford my own home but, I found one! It's a 1990 fairmont in Indiana. It was a foreclosure. 3 bed/2 ba with a full basement on 3 city lots with a 2 car garage. got it for just under $20,000! Nothing major wrong just needed updating.

Here is a link that might be useful: deb's living room before and after

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Dang that was one GREAT price for your foreclosure. Congratulations Deb.

luvmydw. Welcome to the Manufactured homes site. Hope you stick around and share projects.

Chris

• luvmydw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Deb,

I am glad things worked out for you. Isn't life wonderful and your DW is beautiful.

Chris,

I will stay around for sure. I just found my hot water tank and was able to figure out how to adjust the temp so pretty proud of that.

Irene

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Hi Irene,

Crazy day today with work and internet changing email setting GGGRRRRR

Good for you to find your water heater and get it turned down. Ours is stuck in a closet totally out of sight. Would only know it is there because of that door over it. Plus during set up they had to check it and even fix something on it. I now have shelves in front of it that come down if needed. Have to use every bit of space I have. We are only 1300 SQ FT.

Our house is constantly evolving. You can see the changes made if you start at the first from when we first moved in and go to the end. But you better have coffee we have lived here almost two years now.

I have tiled the counters in the bathrooms and added a window to the guest bath to let in a little light in an inside room. We are about to remove the carpet in the living room and have the matching vinyl that is in the kitchen put down. We have two dogs and no matter how hard I try the carpet needs to be washed at least once a month. It will not hold up to that.

Again welcome. I will keep checking back in here. Has been a pretty slow board lately. There is also a small house board at GW I go to if you like to visit about small house issues. There is quite a few of us over there with lots of fun ideas.

Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: Canary Cottage

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz