Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wallpaper border with slanted ceilings?

Posted by nanaofive (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 07 at 4:07

I am going to wallpaper in my kitchen. There isn't much wall space there and I would really like to add a border, but I'm not sure what to do since it is a double wide with slanted ceilings. Does anyone have any advice on where to place a border, since if I start at the low side along the ceiling it would be angled. How about right above the window height all around? Do I make any since at all? Thanks to anyone who may have suggestions for me! Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wallpaper border with slanted ceilings?

can you post a pic ?
i have wallpaper and a border in my kitchen.
i will post pics soon,
stace

o
RE: wallpaper border with slanted ceilings?

The decorator who works with me professionally (in the construction industry) recommends starting at the lowest point of the vault, dropping the border about 2" and running it level across the top of the wall. This squares out the room.

She also suggested matching paint with a darker (medium) part of the border, and painting both the wall above the border, and the ceiling, to blend them together.

We've done this on a multiple level trey ceiling, running a modified crown at a level height and blending them together by paint color (the crown, and the trey ceiling). It has a nice finished look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here