Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
commodore homes

Posted by anthony1959 (My Page) on
Thu, May 1, 08 at 21:08

Does anybody want to rate the satisfaction and/or quality of commodore homes? Im not real happy with mine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: commodore homes

I sold them in my dealership back about 15 years. I considered them a middle of the line type home. I could run through streaks where they were all pretty much perfect and then get a streak with all kinds of problems. From my experience the design was okay, it was sometimes poor workmanship at the factory.
What kind of problems have you had?

o

cheap made. Particle board floors waving,,leaks around windows into walls etc. Very bad experience.

o

I can tell you that the material that goes into MH's isn't much difference from company to company. Problems do come up, but things like leaking windows should be covered under the warranty. If you are under warranty and the dealer isn't helping, call the manufacturer.
If the problmes are coming up after the warranty period, how old is the home? Normally defects show up in the first year.
Is the home set on a concrete slab? If it's not, many problems develop from settling or from moving with frost and a different brand won't make much difference.

o

1997 home,,on frostline piers and concrete block foundation

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here