Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Modular home in MA

Posted by hithere (My Page) on
Mon, May 11, 09 at 15:57

Should I go for modular home or stick? I went through this forum, there are good and bad about modular.

Any recommandation about modular manufacture and constructor in MA?

How much does modular house usually cost? I contacted several GC of modular home, the price range from $110 to $170 per square foot. This includes the garage, basement, and module home. Consider a 2000 sq. feet, the price range are pretty huge.

Thanks a lot!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Modular home in MA

If you're looking to go modular to save money, it's doesn't work that way.

The main reason many go modular is TIME. As you are now aware, you can be in the home in 90 days from placing the order. We placed our order Labor Day weekend and were in the home for Thanksgiving dinner.

But the structure is only one component. The land, well, septic, lot clearing, driveway, permits, etc are exactly the same cost whether stick built or modular. Same with garages, porches, decks, etc.

All in all, our modular cost about the same as a stick built home. Therefore the resale is the same as a stick built home. But again, the advantage is time. 90 days vs 9 months.

Chris in VT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here