Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtgirlz_gw

Kitchen and Bathroom faucets

dirtgirlz
11 years ago

I am moving into a 1998 Champion mobilehome and I need to replace the faucets. Can I use any type of faucet or do I need to get one made specifically for mobilehomes? The ones in it are plastic and look terrible. Thanks.

Comments (5)

• abbisgram
    11 years ago

My home is a 2000 Clayton and I've replaced all the faucets in my house with off-the-shelf ones. I had plastic sinks in the bathrooms which I also changed out.
    I do know some homes are made differently so maybe someone else will speak up.

• dirtgirlz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info. I've lived in mobilehomes before and really liked it but I haven't done so in 20 years. I am not sure what you can do now. :)

• jessicaml
    11 years ago

I live in a '98 MH and my dad had no problem replacing the kitchen faucet with a standard (lovely!) Peerless faucet last week. I haven't decided if the bathroom faucets are bothersome enough to tackle, though. Good luck!

• dirtgirlz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks. I have followed your posts in other forums and I think you offer great advice and encouragement.

• wantoretire_did
    11 years ago

We replaced both kitchen and bathroom sinks and faucets off the shelf from Lowes with no problems. Our plumber did put shutoffs on all water lines.