Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Building an addition? Is it possible?

Posted by jenangelcat (My Page) on
Tue, May 4, 10 at 13:40

I found a mini home for sale and it's an okay size for now but will need to be bigger.

Is it possible to build an addition (standard wood frame) to a manufactured home?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Building an addition? Is it possible?

Can't tell you much about how it's done, but it is done all the time.

o

hi there I have a mobile home that I am considering building an addition to. I have found some information on how it is done. small decks and porches are easierthey say. For additions they say to put support below your local freeze line so if the house shifts there will be less problem.

o

Yes, but you don't "really" connect them. You can make what looks like a connection by filling in the gaps so-to-speak by siding it up to your home, but the addition is actually it's own. You'll obviously need to check with the building codes, but yes, it's done all the time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here