Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can drywall be installed?

Posted by uniqcrafts2000 (My Page) on
Wed, May 10, 06 at 3:26

In mobile homes can drywall be installed? I hate all the fake walls and was thinking of installing drywall. Should I do this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can drywall be installed?

It CAN be installed, however I would only do it if I was on a foundation. There are reasons why there is paneling in a mobile home and one of them is that it needs to be moved. The mobile home will settle and move over time and paneling allows for this with little issues (although sometimes doors no longer shut or stay closed because of it).

I have a friend that they drywalled their second bedroom when their DS was born and all I could think was in awhile, they're going to have huge cracks down the wall :/ I thought the drywall was a GREAT idea until this occured to me and besides, we're not living in this mobile home forever. We want something bigger in the years to come!

o

I have a large double-wide on a brick foundation. It was already drywalled in the main living areas and master bedroom and has held up well except for one crack. However, having had stick-built homes, I know for a fact that settling causes cracks in them too.

o

Yes, it does but I think it could happen a lot more in a mobile home. Especially if say you decide to move it somewhere else or sell it and have someone else move it....imagine it going down the road and shaking and moving and what a mess that will be! ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here