Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lining paper coming apart

Posted by sturdybird (My Page) on
Sun, May 19, 13 at 3:26

Hi, my home is quite old so when stripping the walls all the original lining paper came off. The wooden panels are also quite brittle. I have lined the walls, filled in the joints and PVA the walls before doing so. I painted the lining paper, but know with the hot and cold weather the joins of the lining paper are separating. This looks like a tear on the walls. I have tried filling with a soft polyfilla and repainting the joins but they still come apart. Help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lining paper coming apart

you may want to search the web for 'manufactured housing network' There is a great site out there run by an expert mobile home repair man, and many of the posters have loads of good info (not me, I'm still learning). Not sure if its allowed to post the link.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here