Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mande_gw

Bathroom Vinylboard

mande
16 years ago

Hello,

I have read through the posts regarding covering/painting vinyl covered wallboard. Many have used various kinds of primers and paints with success. I didn't notice whether some of these projects have been done in bathrooms? When we moved into our 1979 mobile home seven years ago the bathroom had just been painted by the previous owners. Since then the paint has chipped and peeled (but not in sheets like a previous poster) on the upper approx 18" on most of the walls, but no further down. I assume this is from the steam and moisture from the shower. We are in the process of renovating the entire home, including this bathroom. We have looked at the textured, and/or paintable wallpaper, but are unsure whether it would be affected by the chipping paint and moisture. We are also considering painting, but don't know what was done the last time and want to avoid that mistake, whatever it was. (A thought I just had was - is it possible that the wall was not sanded all the way to the ceiling and this is why the chipping/peeling goes no lower?) Another option is to just cover the walls with the 4' x 8' panels that look like ceramic tile (the name escapes me right now). My reservation with this is the look of ceramic tiles to the ceiling on all walls.

Can some of you who are much more experienced with these types of walls offer some suggestions?

Thanks alot for your help!!

mande

Comments (2)

Sponsored