Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kleilac

Need advice on the floor seam running down center of house

kleilac
11 years ago

Hi. We're getting ready to lay vinyl plank flooring in our manufactured home and after pulling up the carpet, found that there's a small space between the two sides of the house (the seam that runs down the middle of the floor).. the space is about 1/8", maybe 1/4"... Luckily, the two sides are level....I did some checking on some other forums to see if we need to fill this gap in with something or just lay the flooring over it. A couple of people advised that we fill it in, however, no one seems to know what we should use to fill it in..

The flooring we've purchased is from Lowes.. It's called "Luxury Vinyl Plank" and it lays directly over the subfloor. The planks are each 4" wide, 36" long and are peel and stick. We were advised to buy Henry's floor primer to insure a good seal.. But before we can get started, we need to figure out what to do about this slight gap..

My son suggested we use foam insulation, smooth it flat with a putty knife, then sand it if necessary before applying the primer.. Would that work??

There's so much interesting info on this site about manufactured homes, I'm hoping someone may have an idea of what we should use...

Thank you for any help anyone can give us :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Lowes with description of flooring

Comment (1)