Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leaking

Posted by mistyblue_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 08 at 19:38

My mobile home is leaking in some spots when it rains. Its all on one side. I had it repaired when I first bought it(when it was new) It was under warrenty then. Now its starting to leak again. I was told it was the sealant the manufactuer ussed wasn't any good. My son-in-law looked but he can't tell where its leaking. What kind of sealant do I need to use and where do I put it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leaking

This problem will be resolved only by having a knowledgeable person deal with it in person.

o

mistyblue,
we have had leaks a few times at our house. we just re-sealed the roof and that took care of it each time. we bought the stuff that you can get from walmart that is white and it dries on like rubbert, and it helps with keeping the house cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter. our house is 14x70 and we used 2 buckets. i think the buckets were around $40 each. you can buy one of those paint rollers with a long stick for painting ceilings, and use that to apply the sealant. just make sure you cover all of the roof really well, especially along the edges of the roof and around the heat ducts and things like that.
tammy

o

Do you have a shingled roof? If so, try checking the seams around your roof vents. We have just discovered this problem ourselves where they are getting clogged with leaves etc. and water is leaking in from there. Other than cleaning them out I'm not sure at this point if they can be sealed too. I hope this will help you. (Our water damage is on the outside walls mostly.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here