Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Masonite siding metal roof

Posted by cinrob (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 16, 10 at 18:17

I am new here. I am in trouble, as my cheap masonite siding is swelling and splitting and needs replacing. My home has the curved metal roof with the siding going underneath the jrail gutter/roof. Is it ok to replace these sheets, or will I damage the roof? I have to do something fast, as I am a single mom and I have to get our home liveable. Please help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Masonite siding metal roof

My neighbor was just in the same situation. I will ask her for what she did. I know there is new siding on her house now. I work today but will get back to you as soon as I can.

Chris

o
RE: Masonite siding metal roof

Finally got in touch with neighbor. She has been working late. They have two manufactured homes. His and hers. LOL Hers needed all new siding because when water runs off the roof it runs right down the side of the house. There were wide head nails on the edge of her metal roof that had to be removed.

Then the metal lifted up new siding put on.There was also a rubber sealer piece. Think large wide rubber band kind of thing that went all the way around the edge and she said it needed to be put back exactly right or the water will leak inside down the walls.

Patch over where the nails were and nails replaced into same holes into the new edge/trim boards that is put on top of the siding.

On his house a tree branch fell onto the roof smashing a couple of trusses. His house had screws into solid sheet of metal, he said every three inches, on roof that had to be removed. The sheet metal rolled back trusses repaired then all put back with the patch again where each screw went.

I would have a professional do this. She is having trouble with leaks already and this was just done for her last fall.
:^(((

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here