Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Board and batten vinyl siding

Posted by Sheri_C (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 16:32

Several weeks ago I posted a question about different types of vinyl siding for our double wide. At the time we were thinking of going with a traditional horizontal type of siding, but one of the responses from ingardenguy57 made me think that vertical board and batten siding might actually be the way to go, since, as he stated, it would make the MH look taller. I always like to get some visuals before making a decision. Has anyone put vinyl board and batten style siding on their MH? If so, could you post a few pictures? Also, was it more expensive than horizontal? I've also heard that water can get behind the siding and cause damage, and I'm wondering if that is just for the actual wood board and batten that has that problem. Any pics and/or info would really be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Board and batten vinyl siding

Hello Sheri,Sorry I dont have any pics of our project. Our contractor has not gotten started on our job yet. The product we will be using is Certain Teed Board and Batten. It is a premium siding which is .48" in thickness.This is much thicker than the standard siding that is normally used on double wide's.

The cost is a bit higher than standard siding, and as far as the water issue, if it is installed correctly that should not be an issue. We will also be doing a house wrap under the siding as well. I will post some pics when we get the project complete.

If you go to CertainTeed.com they have pics and specs of product there. You can aslo Google Board and Batten siding, if you want to get a look at it.

o
RE: Board and batten vinyl siding

Ingardenguy57--Thanks for responding--your comment a few weeks ago about making the mobile home look taller made a lot of sense. I'd be great to see the finished project. We have a little more time to think about the siding options, as we try to do one big job each year and this year it's a new roof and installing some chair rail with beadboard in some of the main rooms. But I think our next big project will be new siding and I'm definitely leaning towards board and batten now.

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here