Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please read.. looking at a home to buy, questions!

Posted by trailortrash (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 8, 11 at 16:04

I have a bid in on a great 2007 Modular from Clayton. It is like new, set up beautifully on a large lot. My question is- This home is on a cement block foundation-BUT when you look underneath, there are no tie downs!
I don't understand this, because everything else was meticulously done.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please read.. looking at a home to buy, questions!

I believe that Clayton makes both modular and mobile homes. Is the frame under the house steel running the length? Or does the framing look like "stick built" houses? Finally, check the block foundation for tie downs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here