Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Call me at work if you plan on purchasing a 'system built' home

Posted by michele_2006 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 5, 06 at 12:38

Paul and I built our modular home in JUly 2004 and BOY OH BOY did we make tons of mistakes, just from not having good advice, call us any time if you want on the spot advice or to hear about our mistakes that will hopefully SPARE YOU!

We can be reached at 843.267.1400.

Paul & Michele

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Call me at work if you plan on purchasing a 'system built' ho

Wow! You must have had a very bad experience. We however, had a very good one. We bought our modular home through Design Homes in Prairie DuChen in Wisconsin. There were problems, but nothing that wasn't immediately solved. We loved the attention to detail and were very impressed with the workers.

Maybe it is best to research the company before you even start!

o
RE: Call me at work if you plan on purchasing a 'system built' ho

Michele: Could you type up a brief check list from your experience of things that everyone that reads this forum can have a heads up. Also this could be info searched in the future (archieve) to help many other potential modular buyers.

Also could you mention the company that you purchased it from and would you recommend them.

I am going to buy one in the future and I am looking for a company that stands behind there products. So any info you have will be extremely valuable to all.

I have toured the Design Homes factory and was very impressed. But I have toured other factories and some companies are 20 to 30% less expensive than them. Price isn't everything and I am always interested in how is the servcie after they have my money.

Thanks in advance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here