Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Classic by Legacy Housing

Posted by fcmazz (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 12, 09 at 9:41

I just returned from a dealership for Legacy Housing here in central Texas. Was wondering if anyone has had or bought a Legacy Housing manufactured home based in Fort Worth, TX.
Just need to know if they are worth the price and value. We are in our 50s and looking to relax in a decent home but do not (like everyone else) want to be taken advantage of. We don't know anything about manufactured housing and they seem nice (of course, all homes are nice when new) spacious with a price we can afford. Any experience with this company is appreciated. Interested in the model number below and this is the link to the website. Thanks and again, appreciate the help.

http://www.legacyhousingltd.com/
Model #3248-32A

fcmazz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Classic by Legacy Housing

The only thing I do not care for is the roof overhang. I like it when there is more. I think we have 16 inches or more. It helps to keep the rain off the side of your house. Or running down the side of your house.

I really like the floor plan you chose. The master so close to the utility is great. We opted not to have the garden tub. Takes too much hot water to fill it and cools down too fast. Better to have a nice little hot tub. We had an AAH or was it AHH Spa and loved it. We also like the added space in the master bath not having the big tub.I would prefer the larger shower where your tub is leaving the shower space open for maybe a piece of furniture for linens towels things.

Chris

o
RE: Classic by Legacy Housing-B

Was looking at your plan again and I think you would be happier if you put a window in the master bath or laundry room. You are lacking any kind of air flow through there and on a warm summer night it could get pretty stuffy. We have the nine light doors to let light in but in the master bath we also had them switch a fixed pane window for one that opens.

Also moving your front door over 16 inches or first stud away from the corner will then give you better use of the wall behind it. We have had it both ways and moving it out works so much better. It is not all that expensive to make these small changes.

o
RE: Classic by Legacy Housing

Wasn't registered before, so repeating my post----I got a quote of $49,000 before upgrades (sliding door, R33 insulation in ceiling, etc)---is that close to your quote???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here