Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elbow642

Pre Fab Lesco and National Homes...I would love some info, please

elbow642
17 years ago

My husband and I are buying our second home and have been told by a previous owner(not the owners that we are buying it from) that it is a Lesco home. It was upgraded quite a bit with oak flooring, fireplace, full tile in the bathrooms, and lots of other things that I love.

I have googled for days and can come up with very little info. I do know that Lesco was a subsidiary of National Homes and was based out of Martinsville Va.

I found a completed auction for house plans on ebay that sold for quite a bit, dated 1954. I can't post a link but if you search "Vintage 1954 Lesco Factory House Plans Prefab Homes" on google, it will come up.

I also found a court document in which National Homes sued the owner of Lesco, who's name was Lawson L. Lester, Jr. in 1972.

I would love to know more about my great new house and would be extra excited to find the plans. Our courthouse does not have such records so I have to find it on my own.

The date the house was built is iffy, but from my digging at the court house, it was either in '61, '62, 63, or 64. The records are really terrible and you can only guess by assessed values throughout the years. The developer owned multiple lots and they are all grouped together, that is why it is impossible to know which year for sure.

Any and all info would be great.

Thanks so much!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource