Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pre Fab Lesco and National Homes...I would love some info, please

Posted by elbow642 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 23, 07 at 20:57

My husband and I are buying our second home and have been told by a previous owner(not the owners that we are buying it from) that it is a Lesco home. It was upgraded quite a bit with oak flooring, fireplace, full tile in the bathrooms, and lots of other things that I love.

I have googled for days and can come up with very little info. I do know that Lesco was a subsidiary of National Homes and was based out of Martinsville Va.

I found a completed auction for house plans on ebay that sold for quite a bit, dated 1954. I can't post a link but if you search "Vintage 1954 Lesco Factory House Plans Prefab Homes" on google, it will come up.

I also found a court document in which National Homes sued the owner of Lesco, who's name was Lawson L. Lester, Jr. in 1972.

I would love to know more about my great new house and would be extra excited to find the plans. Our courthouse does not have such records so I have to find it on my own.

The date the house was built is iffy, but from my digging at the court house, it was either in '61, '62, 63, or 64. The records are really terrible and you can only guess by assessed values throughout the years. The developer owned multiple lots and they are all grouped together, that is why it is impossible to know which year for sure.

Any and all info would be great.

Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pre Fab Lesco and National Homes...I would love some info, pl

I just bought a home from my unkle that was his dads. Its a National home bult in 1954. It is updated a litle bit but still needs alot of work. Do you have the seril number and information plak by your basement steps? There are quite a few of these homes by me. If theres any information you want feel free to email me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here