Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on buying preowned home in Florida

Posted by floridabound (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 19:57

Hi All, We're looking at moving to a retirement mobile home park in Florida later this year. We'd like a 2 bed 2 bath home for less than $30K. Can anyone offer advice on what to look for and what to avoid. It will be our primary residence.

We would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on buying preowned home in Florida

I just came back from Florida and having stayed in a mobile home park, might be able to help you.....I think it depends on the area you'd like to settle in...I love N. Ft. Myers and to me it would be ideal....I think the only problem with buying at that price might be the cost or monthly fees....Park fees do run anywhere from $425 and up, unless you buy into the assiociation and then it might bring your monthly fees down to as little as $45.00...But, there again, the homes will cost more...I've looked at homes starting at $45,000 and some will be with their own lot and some you rent the lot.....If you'd like, I do have a few parks in the Ft. Myers area and would be more than happy to tell you about them......
I do think, retiring to Florida would be fantastic...The weather, the people, just everything about it would be great.......
If you want my list, just post again and we'll take it from there.....

o

Thanks SunnyDJ for replying. We like Fort Myers but we're looking at Lakeland.

o

I think instead of investing in a pre-owned home in Florida, you can buy a new home within that price range. There are several housing projects that are going on in beautiful locations of Florida and developers like Albanese Builders are giving great chance to buy their dream home in appropriate price.

o

I think instead of investing in a pre-owned home in Florida, you can buy a new home within that price range. There are several housing projects that are going on in beautiful locations of Florida and developers like Albanese Builders are giving great chance to buy their dream home in appropriate price.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here