Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Manufactured home Tie Down help 'LOOK'

Posted by dunkinidaho (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 11 at 17:39

The tie down straps on my 2000 Jacobsen have slack in them. I believe these are to be tight otherwise the home may lift or shift under high winds. How can these straps be tightened. There is no adjustment now. Would they need to be replaced entirely or is there a conversion to an adjustable system?

thanks

brian in Naples, Fl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Manufactured home Tie Down help 'LOOK'

Is there a bolt at the top of the ground anchor? The bolts are often slotted with the strap inserted in the slot. Tightening the bolt winds the strap around the bolt tighter.

o
RE: Manufactured home Tie Down help 'LOOK'

I've seen those but mine doesn't have them. The strap is buried in cement at the ground. The end connected to the beam is folded back on itself and has two wraps around the strap and are crimped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here