Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New here at this website.

Posted by tlb2005 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 23, 06 at 15:10

Found this website by searching for "red tile backsplash" or something of that nature. I haven't been to much of the website but so far, I love everything I have seen.

We are thinking about buying a doublewide and "gutting" it! The roof is salvagable (did I spell that right? LOL) and the wall studs and floor studs (or is it joists? please forgive me for not knowing the correct terms) are good. If we were to buy the wood (studs) for the walls and floors and the roof, we would be paying more than what we could buy this doublewide for!! I am excited!!

We are waiting to hear from this guy who might move it for us. If he can, then it will be a done deal!! I am getting excited!!

Any advice? Just want to say Hi? Well, hi and I welcome any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New here at this website.

Just have a knowledgeable and licensed electrician install or at least supervise the wiring of the structure. If your walls & roof are sound, there are few mistakes that could be made that are as life-threatening as electrical mistakes could be.

o

GO FOR IT!!

o

Well, we did it!! I was so scared!! I just knew it was going to tip over going around the corner!! But our friends got it there safe and sound.

My husband is capable of doing most of the work. We will have someone dig a well and septic tank and get a certified electrician.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here