Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
foundations, blocks

Posted by tlb2005 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 29, 06 at 12:25

What do you have in regards to foundations and blocks under the mobile home? What size is your home?

We bought a 24 x 48 and I am curious as to what others have. We are going this way (every 6 feet).....

~ 1 16x16 pad, 4 in. thick, then stack 4 blocks, then add another small, rectangular block. Oh, and the shims (little pieces of wood) ~

I also think he is going down the center too.

So, care to share what you have?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
TLB2005, here are photos of our foundation

A PICTURE STORY OF OUR MODULAR BUILDING EXPERIENCE: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaOHDlm4bNWdK

TLB, these photos are of our entire construction phase, but you will see our foundation too. It's 3 ft high as all homes in this area are "lowcountry homes" and must be raised. I regret, however, that we are that high! We could have had a 2ft foundation accepted, but there was a misunderstanding with the HOA. I think our house is too high and makes it look impersonal. But that's my opinion. I LEARNED alot by being the "general contractor" of our own home!

Michele

Here is a link that might be useful: Michele's Modular Building Experience - in COLOR!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here