Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
repairs

Posted by mary_grether (mary_grether@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Mar 9, 09 at 9:14

I have a 1997 Oakwood mobile home 14x80, I am =in a mobile home park, a very quiet neighborhood.

I know its 12 years old, now it is in need of repairs.

#1, needs the stuff put on the roof( aluminium, or wat ever the material is)

#2 need the steps repaired or replaced
#3 carpet removed, am thinking of putting those tiles on floor, the sticky kind

I am on a fixed income and these do need to be done. I can get the materials, and I guess I can get someone to do the repairs.

so what is the price of the stuff on the roof?
I just found out about carpet or tile,
as for the stairs, may have to wait on that.

And if I want the trailer moved later what are the steps to do so?

Thanks. Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: repairs

well in some states you are not allowed to move a trailer over 10 years old..in Michigan you can't.

don't know about the roof, mine is shingles..

careful of self stick tiles..they don't stay down, esp in heat.

better to spend a couple extra $ and put down laminate.

remember your home will never appreciate in value..so don't put a lot of money in it..but keep it in good repair.

o
RE: repairs

Mary go to Lowes,Home depoet and look at their cartpet in stock.It's really reasonably priced.They can install it for you as well.They also should have a list on contractors the may help with the roof and the steps as well.Or maby the park your in has a list in the office.As far as moving the home.I am not sure about any law that says you "cant".But I know for your home it's prolly about $3-$4,000.The insuance is the biggest cost.Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here