Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
driftergirl_gw

Modular Home in Virginia credit advice

Driftergirl
10 years ago

I am looking at a Mod Home from Clayton Homes here in Virginia and due to some new law they can not tell me what Credit score is needed to get a low interest rate. They say I am very close but I am a list maker and extreme budgeter and a little obsessive about things when I want something. Can someone please tell me where my credit score needs to be to qualify for a low interest rate for a Mod Home from Clayton Mobile Homes. I already know...my income is acceptable..my debt to income is acceptable....the land I own keeps me from paying a down payment...but what I really need to know is what credit score to strive for? I am currently in the low 600's and I also know that Clayton primary looks at Transunion as it's credit score source and "Man that is the hardest one to raise for some reason"...Any advice is greatly appreciated. I would like to apply for my home in Spring 2015 if I am able. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Comments (2)

Sponsored