Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot Racks

Posted by mandymae (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 5, 10 at 20:24

My kitchen ceiling is pitched. Is a pot rack possible to install? Does anyone have a pot rack hanging from their kitchen ceiling?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot Racks

If your ceiling's pitched, you could attach a flat rack straight across from 'seam' to seam and hang everything from there.

o

Okay. Let's use a little logic here. You level the pot rack by shortening the chains on one side to compensate for the slope of the ceiling. Just make sure you have head clearance below the lower end.

o

i love my potrack..you can hang them from any ceiling..you might just have to buy new longer chain for the sides that will be on the higher pitched side..or longer for all of them if it is quite high..but that's ok.

make sure you fasten your chains into the ceiling studwork to hold the weight of the pans.

go for it..it is a wonderful thing to have pans handy ..some people complain that they get dirty..they dont that bad and if they do ..pop em into a short load on the dishwasher !

o

DH put a shelf across the dining area. I painted it in a contrasting white. Underneath it he put in cuphooks that I use as a potrack. We call it our 'sh@@' shelf because I can stash my cookbooks, fake flowers, etc. on the shelf.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here