Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jonig99_gw

Question re: FHA Inspection

jonig99
18 years ago

After 7 months our new manufactured home is finally done, passed all County Inspections, the well has been inspected, the septic has been inspected and the soil has had the required treatments. The Certificate of Occupancy has been given by the County, and now the Mortgage Co is stating it must be inspected by an FHA Inspector. Does anyone know exactly what the FHA Inspector needs to inspect? If the County has approved everything, what does the FHA inspector need to inspect? The home is a Homes of Merit double wide. ArenÂt they built to FHA specifications? What happens if it doesn't pass the FHA Inspection? I just have a fear something will go wrong. The Dealer we have used for this Homes of Merit has been the most incompetent business I have ever had the displeasure of working with. If the Inspection Doesn't pass for FHA, does this mean I will have to go back to the Dealer for them to fix any problems? The home has been sitting on our lot for over 3 ½ months, while the Dealer was doing the set up and hook ups; sometime weeks going by with nothing being done. Countless phone calls and visits to the dealer accomplished nothing. In all honesty, if I had known this Homes of Merit Dealer was as un-professional as he has been through out this entire process, I would never have purchased a home from them. Can someone who has gone through this please let me know what the FHA Inspector will be looking for? In case it's needed we are located in South Central Florida.

Thanks for the help.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler