Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
counter tops

Posted by sunnie62 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 14:20

I have read where you can use peel and stick or linoleum on your counter tops. I am thinking of doing that, but what do you use on the trim and how do you glue it down? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: counter tops

Linoleum is very hard to find and expensive these days, having been replaced by vinyl flooring which is cheap and commonly available. I suspect you mean vinyl. I would discourage it because vinyl flooring, and especially tiles, are not designed to be safe food handling surfaces. Think bacteria lurking in microscopic crevices, and in the crevices of whatever texture the vinyl has. If you do mean linoleum, it is better than vinyl for a countrrtop.

I would suggest buying Formica that you apply yourself rather than as a preformed counter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Formica for countertops

o
RE: counter tops

I have seen that done. I have seen where it looks nice, and seen where it looks awful. The difference is the details- perfectly aligning the tiles and finishing off the edges.

I suggest something different.

We painted our horrible country pink countertops last summer with a special paint made for countertops. It's a temporary fix, but will be fine until we can replace them. They look SO MUCH better!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Manufactured Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here